30 October 2019

Using the WLAN Pi's USB host interface in Windows 10

I've been playing with the WLAN Pi for a few weeks now, and I must say I'm very impressed what this device can do.
But ever since I first connected it I was not able to get the USB host interface working under Windows 10. I only got a serial communication port in the device manager under Ports.
I was fooling around with this for a while and today I was able to fix it thanks to Jerry Olla pointing me in the right direction.

To fix this you should download this file. Extract the contents to some temporary folder.
Next go to device manager (right mouse click on start, now select device manager), go to Ports (COM & LPT), right mouse click and select update driver.

In the upper part of the dialog click browse and select the folder where you just extracted the zip file to. Now click next/finish and the driver will be updated. You should now see a newly USB Ethernet /RNDIS Gadget device under the network adapters section.

Hope this helps others.
And if it doesn't I'm pretty sure my future-me will visit this page again after a reinstallation of Windows or so.

Keyword: USB\VID_0525&PID_A4A2\6&2C85465F&0&3

No comments:

Post a Comment